Make sure you enter the giveaway below!
Did you know September is National Breakfast Month? It is, and with school starting back as well, it’s the perfect time to come up with quick, easy and nutritious meals for the kids. Having four kids, the mornings can be extremely hectic especially with everyone wanting something different to eat. I like to feed them what they like, but also what I feel is nutritious too. At times this can be a challenge, but recently I was introduced to Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix. It’s free of hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives. With 13 grams of protein per serving, I know it’s a great way to keep them full and energized all day!
I whipped up pancakes and they were delicious. I even made a batch of waffles with the mix (the recipe is right on the box) and they were just as scrumptious. I love that the kids are being sent off to school with full bellies that are packed with protein.
Over the weekend I decided to try something a little different with the mix. I made a big, fluffy pancake in one dish. I added in some apple, seasonings and a little streusel on top. This honestly couldn’t be easier, and I loved making one big batch instead of individual pancakes because it saved me a lot of time. If you’re going to eat this right away, go ahead and drizzle on the syrup. However, if you have to wait a bit, I’d suggest drizzling on the syrup right before serving.
- 8 oz. Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 C milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & shredded
- 2Tbsp. softened butter
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 C oats
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- In a bowl, stir the pancake mix, sugar, butter, milk, egg, vanilla & apple together.
- Pour into prepared pan; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar, oats & cinnamon together to form a crumbly mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle this on top of the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; drizzle on desired amount of syrup and enjoy!
- You can use an 8 x 8 inch pan, but you'll need to cook it an additional few minutes!
As you can see, I made this delicious breakfast with the new Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix. Krusteaz was kind enough to send me:
~ some mixes
~ a blender bottle
~ a spatula
~ a tote bag
Plus they are offering one of these packages to you too!
All you have to do is enter the giveaway below…
(all entries are optional so do as many as you’d like)
Krusteaz provided me with the package & a prepaid American Express card.