Disclosure: I received the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System. The comments in this post are completely my own.
This, my friends, is an awesome appliance!
Here’s a quick, little preview for ya!
Check out what I made so far with this canning system!
The process is easy. You need to preheat the clean jars in the canner. The step-by-step directions in the recipe tells you exactly what to do. Cook the jam on the stove and pour it into a preheated jar. Clean the jar edge with a clean, damp cloth. Put the lid and ring on and tighten. It is recommended that you keep the other jars in the canner (with the lid closed) while you fill one jar at a time. Once you have all the jars in the canner, you lock the lid and press the buttons indicated in the recipe. For this jam, I pressed Jams & Jellies, then press Recipe 1 and then Start. It’s that simple!
When the processing time is up, the canner makes a nice, melodic sound. When you open the canner, the jar lids go ping, ping, ping, ping (which is the sound of a good seal). There are directions in the booklet that explains how to handle the jars after canning.
I’ll share this jelly with family and friends in the Fall during apple season!
Can you see the specks of spices in the jam? Omg! It’s so good!
The third thing that I made is Bread & Butter Pickles. This recipe came from the booklet that comes with the appliance. It tastes just like store-bought pickles!
I love this appliance! You don’t have to worry about a certain level of water over the jars. It only needs a couple of inches of water in this appliance. With the canner locked tight, there’s no evaporation to worry about. You don’t have to keep an eye on it while it’s processing. It automatically adjusts to your altitude when it comes to the processing time. It’s easy to clean and very user-friendly. I’m kind of a kitchen gadget girl, so I think it’s fun to use!
When using this canning system you have to use the recipes in the booklet or on this site:
There is quite a variety of recipes to chose from.
Where to buy the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System
Connect with Ball® Canning!
Would you like to win the
Automatic Home Canning System?
(I will pick one winner from the U.S.)
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!
The winner is #1122 (Tina Reynolds)!
*To enter this giveaway, leave me a comment below about the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System.
*If you would like more chances to win, you can do any or all of the following. (Do a separate comment for each that you do.)
1. Tweet about this giveaway (You can do #1 once a day). After you tweet, come back and leave me a comment telling me that you tweeted. Be sure to tell me your Twitter name so I can check that you did it. You can copy and paste this on Twitter:
Enter to win the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System! @BallCanning @janedoiron #Spon http://bit.ly/1stm7Mf
2. Follow @BallCanning on Twitter. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
3. Follow Ball® Canning & Recipes on Facebook. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
4. Follow Jane Doiron on Twitter. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
5. Follow Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms on Facebook. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
6. Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Then come back and give me the link to your Facebook page.)
7. Subscribe to my Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms blog so you never miss a post! It’s at the top of the side bar. Be sure to confirm it when you get an email. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
8. Follow Ball® Canning on Pinterest. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
9. Follow Jane Doiron on Pinterest. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)
10. Follow Jane Doiron on Instagram. (Then come back and tell me that you did.)