THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! THANKS FOR ENTERING!
Meet Carole Bloom. She is a European-trained pastry chef and confectioner and the author of 10 cookbooks! Carole is also a food writer, cooking instructor, media chef, and spokesperson. Check out her website and all of her cookbooks HERE!
This is one of her newest cookbooks!
Creating Mini Sweet Treats, From Cupcakes and Cobblers to Custards and Cookies
This cookbook is beautiful and packed with delicious bite-size treasures! When I saw a photo in Carole’s book of Walnut Fingerprint Cookies, I knew I had to try them! My husband Dave has always had a thing for thumbprint cookies. After testing these out in my kitchen, Dave has declared these to be his new favorite cookie! I’m definitely making these again around the holidays! Check out my photo below. Look at the sugar/walnut coating on these beauties! You’ll want to add this cookie to your Christmas Cookie Swap for sure! Yum!
I love Carole’s idea of making individual cobblers or crisps in ramekins! They would certainly impress your guests and make them feel special at a dinner party! This book has some mouth-watering tartlets that I’m dying to try and as soon as I get my hands on some madeline pans, I’m going to make Carole’s Devilish Dark Chocolate Madelines! I don’t think I’ve ever seen chocolate madelines before.
Check out the chapters in Bite-Size Desserts:
Cakes, Cupcakes, and Brownies
Scones, Shortcakes, Muffins, and Pastries
Tartlets, Cobblers, Crisps, Turnovers, and Galettes
Mousses, Custards, and Puddings
Sorbets and Ice Creams
Here’s a recipe from Bite-Size Desserts at Oprah.com!
I’m giving Bite-Size Desserts two thumbs up! The pictures are gorgeous and the recipes are easy to follow. I’m glad the holidays are coming because I have at least 10 recipes tagged with sticky notes that I’m dying to try!
Would you like to win a copy of Bite-Size Desserts?
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Tell me what your favorite bite-size dessert or cookie is? (Don’t forget to include your email in your comment below!)
- Optional Entries (eligible after completing the mandatory entry above)
You can do any or all of the following for one entry each. Please leave a separate comment (below) for each that you have done.
2. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
3. Subscribe to my blog via email and never miss a post!
4. Follow me on Twitter. @janedoiron
5. Tweet this giveaway using the retweet button at the top of the post. (You can tweet once a day!)
6 . Become a fan of Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms on Facebook.
7. Mention this giveaway on Facebook.
8. Follow me on Networked Blogs.
9. Grab my blog button and place it on your side bar. (Leave a link to your blog.)
10. Write a post about this giveaway on your blog. (Leave a link to your post.)
This giveaway will end on September 28th at 7:00 p.m. EST. It is open to the U.S. only. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be contacted by email. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, the comments not meeting the requirements will be deleted. Good luck!
I’d like to thank Carole Bloom and her publicist from Wiley for sending me a review copy and for giving a copy to one of my lucky readers!