THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER!
photo credit: www.tenderfilet.com
Talk about a delicious giveaway! Boy! Dave and I were in our glory today eating this bone-in prime rib from The Tender Filet! This is one cut of meat that I have never made in my kitchen. I don’t know what I was worried about, it’s super easy to cook! I surfed the net before hand to see how other people cook prime rib and came across this popular recipe on Allrecipes.com.
My 4.5 lb. prime rib was shipped to me (frozen). I thawed it out in the refrigerator for a few days as directed in The Tender Filet manual.
I rubbed it with salt, black ground pepper, and garlic powder and placed it on the rack of my roasting pan.
I inserted my trusty old meat thermometer in the middle and cooked it in my oven for 1 hour at 375°F. Then I shut off the oven and kept the beef in the warm oven for 3 hours without opening the door. I put a sign on the oven so no one would open it! 🙂 Then I turned on the oven at 375°F and cooked it for about 40 minutes.
And this is how it came out! Isn’t she a beauty?!
Here’s a different view. I let the beef rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
And here’s the final product! We loved it! It cut like buttah and melted in my mouth! 🙂
Check out more cuts of beef and other gourmet selections at The Tender Filet!
Would you like to win a 4.5 Bone-In Prime Rib like the one I made?
Here’s what you need to do!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me if you have ever made Prime Rib before? Don’t forget to include your email address in the designated email box in your comment.
Optional Entries (eligible after completing the mandatory entry above) You can do any or all of the following entries below for one extra entry each. The only thing you can do once per day is tweet the giveaway! Please leave a separate comment (below) for each that you have done.
2. “LIKE” The Tender Filet on Facebook.
3. Follow TheTenderFilet on Twitter.
4. “LIKE” Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms on Facebook. (see side bar)
5. Mention this giveaway on Facebook using the button at the top of this post.
6. Follow me on Twitter. @JaneDoiron
7. Tweet this giveaway using the button at the top of this post. (You can tweet once a day!)
8. Subscribe to my blog via email and never miss a post! (You’ll find it at the top of my sidebar.)
9. Follow me on Google Friend Connect. (If it’s working!)
10. Follow me on Networked Blogs.
11. Stumble this giveaway using the SU button at the top of this post.
12. Write a post about this giveaway on your blog. (Leave a link to your post.)
This giveaway will end on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 8 am EST! THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER! It is open to the U.S. only. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be contacted by email. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, the comments not meeting the requirements will be deleted. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received this item free of charge from The Tender Filet. No monetary compensation was received or offered, nor was I under any obligation to write about this product. All opinions expressed are my honest thoughts about this product. I am not offering any sales or taking any orders for this item. I will not receive any compensation in connection with any sales of this item.