The holidays are here, and like a lot of you we have our family traditions that we carry on throughout the years. One that we enjoy is making warm comfort food on Christmas Eve and eat it in the living room. I like to let everyone choose one of their favorite dishes, and then I make them all so we have a variety of food to choose from. We take it into the living room, put it on the table and then we all get to sample everyone’s choice. It’s special because we’re all together enjoying good company and good food. One of the dishes that is always on the menu are these Breaded Chicken Cutlets. I just make them into little rounds so they’re easy to cut up, and they cook quickly too. We serve ours with our favorite dipping sauces.
While I’m at Walmart I make sure I pick up some Progresso™ Bread Crumbs because they make these Breaded Chicken Cutlets crispy, delicious, and the Italian style adds a little more flavor then regular. Plus they make preparation easy without sacrificing any flavor so it’s a win, win for me! Progresso™ Bread Crumbs are reliable, delicious, versatile and can be found in my pantry at all times. I add them to my stuffed mushrooms, macaroni and cheese, meatballs, and many more recipes!
- 1/2 C Progresso™ Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 C finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 C Progresso™ Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- butter, for frying
- Combine the 1/2 C bread crumbs, ground chicken, onions, salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Shape into circular patties. Dip into the beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add some butter and melt.
- Place a few of the cutlets into the hot butter.
- Fry on each side for about 5-6 minutes; until crispy and golden brown (internal temperature of 165 degrees).
- Place onto a paper towel, and continue frying the remaining cutlets.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Cutlet photos provided from FreeDigitalPhotos.net; user Apolonia
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Progresso™ The opinions and text are all mine.