Disclosure: I received a Hannaford gift card which will allow me to purchase the canned items and other ingredients I need for a series of 8 posts about the Cans Get You Cooking program. I am disclosing this per FTC guidelines.
I don’t know what I’d do without canned goods. Did you know that 73% of Americans throw away spoiled fruits and vegetables on an average of two times a week. Yikes! It’s always nice to have a variety of canned goods on hand. Cans help make sure nature’s bounty doesn’t go to waste!
For my September Cans Get You Cooking post, I’m sharing a yummy, warm appetizer that will be great for any of your upcoming holiday parties! It uses two 5 oz. cans of Hormel chicken breast. I know…I’ve been talking about canned chicken a lot lately! What can I say? I like canned chicken! 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Dip
I made this dip in August for a little get-together at a friend’s house. The four of us devoured it!
Don’t worry. The amount of Buffalo Wing Sauce used in this recipe doesn’t have much of a kick to it. If you do like it spicy, just add some crushed red pepper.
You can use any dippers to go with this dip, but I personally like tortilla chips or sea salt pita crackers.
Here’s how to make it!
Spread the cream cheese evenly in a pie plate.
Sprinkle the chicken on top.
Drizzle the Buffalo Wing Sauce over it.
Pour the Ranch Salad Dressing evenly on top.
Sprinkle with Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese.
Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until the cheese starts to brown a bit.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Source: Slightly adapted from Taste of Home
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz. Hormel canned chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1/3 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (freshly shredded) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the cream cheese into an ungreased pie plate.
- Layer with chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese just starts to brown a bit.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or sea salt pita crackers.
Connect with Cans Get You Cooking!
You Tube: www.youtube.com/CansGetYouCooking
*******Cans Get You Cooking Giveaway*******
Enter on the Rafflecopter widget below for a chance to win:
$25 American Express gift card
Cans Get You Cooking tote bag
(Open to the U.S. only.)