I don’t think I ever met a child that doesn’t like chicken fingers. Here’s a tasty recipe that your kids are sure to love. You can substitute your favorite marinade. This really didn’t have much of a kick to it. It is slightly sweet and a bit healthier than deep fried chicken.
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tenders
1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders, rinsed
1/3 cup spiced Caribbean jerk marinade (I used KC Masterpiece.)
1/2 cup flour
salt & pepper
1. Pour the marinade into a large zip lock bag. Add the chicken, seal well, and refrigerate all day or overnight.
2. Add the flour to a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil.
4. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture and place in the hot skillet, browning on both sides. Watch carefully as the sugar in the marinade browns quickly. You will need to brown the chicken in 2 batches so you don’t over crowd the pan. Add more oil to the pan for the second batch.
5. Place the browned chicken on a sheet pan and cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Marinate the chicken a day ahead. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Cover and place it on your counter a day ahead. It doesn’t sound like much, but it will save you time!