Have you ever had “Walking Pneumonia?” I never did until now. I’ve been dealing with it for 2 weeks. Which explains why I haven’t been posting any recipes lately. I haven’t had much of an appetite lately, let alone cook any big meals. I got to say…this is one tough sickness to shake. My lungs are so sore, it hurts to do anything.
I have a teenage son that doesn’t seem to like anything I make lately. (Is it a hormone thing?) So in an effort to make something I know he would like, I made this Chicken Alfredo. I guess it was a hit because he finished the whole mound on his plate! Dave and I liked it too and it was done in 45 minutes so it wasn’t a lot of work! If you get a craving for Italian food, give this a try!
1 3/4 lbs. chicken tenders
salt & pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
16 oz. heavy cream
2 large garlic cloves, minced
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 lb. bow tie pasta
1. Cut each chicken tender into 3 equal pieces. Season both sides of the chicken with salt & pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Brown the chicken on both sides in two batches. Place the chicken in a bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
4. Carefully wipe out the skillet with paper towels. Place over medium-low heat. Add the cream, garlic, butter, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir occasionally until bubbly. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until well combined. Add the chicken and cook until heated through. Turn the heat down if the mixture sticks to the pan. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
5. Drain the cooked pasta.
6. To serve: Place a layer of pasta on the plate and top with cream sauce and chicken. Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serves 4 – 5
This recipe is linked to: