This post is dedicated to Leah Still who is one special little girl! I have been following this story since the beginning and I couldn’t wait to share, and spread the word about the charity registry.
In a few day there will be the wedding of the year — The Knot Dream Wedding! On Friday, May 13, NFL player Devon Still will be tying The Knot with his fiancee, Asha Joyce. The couple has been selected as this year’s The Knot Dream Wedding couple, after putting their wedding plans on hold while they focused on Devon’s daughter’s health, Leah Still, who was diagnosed with Stage IV neuroblastoma. So in lieu of wedding gifts, Devon and Asha have a charity registry to raise funds for pediatric cancer research; a donation is greatly appreciated!
This Creamy Lobster Mac & Cheese is one of the dishes being served at the wedding and I am fortunate enough that I get to share it with you…I hope you’ll enjoy!
- · 1 lb. Cellantani Pasta (we like Barilla)
- · 4 cups Heavy Cream
- · 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- · 1 1⁄2 cups Shredded Reggiano Parmesan Cheese
- · 1 cup Shredded Havarti Cheese
- · 2 cups Shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- · 6oz. Butter Poached Lobster Meat (2 tails)
- · 6 cups Clarified Butter to Poach Lobster
- · Salt & Pepper to Taste
- · 1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- · 2 tablespoons Grated Reggiano Parmesan cheese
- · 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- · Prepare the crumb topping by melting the butter in a small pan over medium heat, then add the bread crumbs. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until the crumbs are browned. Pour the crumbs into a small bowl and toss with the Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- · Poach the lobster tails in the shells for 2 minutes in boiling water. Remove the meat from the shells and chop it into large chunks. Set aside. Cook the pasta 8 minutes. It will still be al dente at this point. Drain the pasta but don’t rinse it.
- · Make the sauce by combining 3 cups of cream with the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the cream begins to bubble, reduce the heat and add the mascarpone, Havarti, Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese. Cook while stirring often for 3 minutes or until the sauce is smooth and starts to thicken.
- · Pour the remaining 1cup of cream into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the lobster and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to heat up the lobster. Pour the cheese sauce into the pan along with the cooked pasta. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese sauce begins to thicken, and then pour it all into an oven-safe serving dish.
- · Bake the mac and cheese in the oven for 10 minutes or until it begins to bubble around the edges. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and finish in the oven for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.