Did you ever freeze your favorite cookie dough ahead of time? I try to freeze several batches before the holidays because you never know when you’re going to need them. Between Halloween and New Year’s, there’s so many reasons to bake. But if you do the prep work in advance, it will make the baking part a breeze. I like to thaw out my frozen cookie dough balls (on a sheet pan) on the counter top. It usually takes about 45 – 60 minutes. Then, I bake them as I normally do or slightly longer.
Check out this guest post from Stefanie from Lovely Little Snippets! She has a different way of baking them. I’ll have to try her method next time!
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm (I use 6 tbs butter and 6 tbs vegetable shortening so that your cookies don’t end up too flat)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk (I just used 2 eggs)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I didn’t add that many)