Mixed berries and granola go together perfectly in this crisp!
In the summer we make a lot of crisps, cobblers and pies. In the winter, not so much due to the fruit not being in season. With this recipe you start with frozen fruit that you don’t even have to thaw! We used mixed berries, but frozen peaches, strawberries, or blueberries would taste delicious as well. The granola bakes up crispy and adds just the right amount of texture to make the perfect breakfast or dessert!
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 cup Viki's blueberry almond granola
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries (don't thaw)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter oven safe ceramic bowl.
- Place topping ingredients into a bowl, working the butter into the granola mixture. Once complete, set aside.
- Place filling ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the berry mixture into the buttered ceramic bowl.
- Pour granola mixture evenly on top of the berries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit juices are bubbling.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
The recipe and photo were provided by Viki's granola.