Disclosure: As a member of the Pompeian Pantry Insiders Blogger Network, I am being compensated to do a series of 6 blog posts this year on Pompeian oils and vinegars. The comments in this post are 100% mine.
Here are some facts about the NEW Pompeian Varietals Collection.
DESCRIPTION: The Pompeian Varietals Collection is a premium line of mono-varietal extra virgin olive oils that celebrate the unique taste profiles of single olive varieties.
The new collection currently features three different varieties ranging in flavor from mild to full-bodied, allowing at home chefs to find the perfect, complementary oil and flavor profile for all of their dishes, from delicate seafood to juicy red meats.
As Pompeian is dedicated to education and quality, the Pompeian Varietals Collection provides consumers with the ability to learn about the unique story and journey behind each bottle – starting at the mill, country and harvest date and ending at the kitchen table. By visiting www.Pompeian.com/TreeToBottle, consumers can track the lot number located on the back of the Varietal to uncover their bottle’s special history. (My bottle came from Morocco!)
VARIETIES: The Pompeian Varietals Collection is currently comprised of three varieties, including:
• Arbequina – a mild-bodied extra virgin olive oil with a round taste of mature fruitiness and a delicate sweetness of almonds, ideal for fish and vegetables
• Koroneiki – a full-bodied extra virgin olive oil with robust fruitiness and a sensation of fresh cut grass leading to a peppery finish, perfect for soups and salads
• Picholine – a medium-bodied extra virgin olive oil with a green fruitiness, hints of herbs and a pleasing balance of bitterness, great for meats and sauces
Each variety has less than .5% acidity, indicating that only the highest quality olives were used to produce this collection. For nutritional information, please visit the Pompeian website at www.pompeian.com.
PACKAGING: The Pompeian Varietals Collection is available in 16 oz. bottles inspired by hand-blown wine bottles, adding to its premium look and feel.
AVAILABILITY: The Pompeian Varietals Collection is available at local supermarkets nationwide. Visit the store locator at www.pompeian.com to find a retailer near you.
PRICE: Suggested retail price is $6.99 (prices may vary depending on geographic location and retail outlet).
POMPEIAN, INC.: Baltimore based since 1906, Pompeian, Inc. is America’s largest national brand of olive oil, best-selling wine vinegars and a variety of cooking wines. In addition, Pompeian is the first brand to carry the USDA Quality Monitored seal on its extra virgin olive oil.
CONNECT with POMPEIAN!
Truthfully, I can’t think of a better way to review this olive oil. You can really taste and enjoy the olive oil at room temperature. My taste buds were in heaven when I mopped up
some three pieces of bread in this yummy dip! I made this right before Dave got home from work one day last week. You should have seen Dave’s eyes light up when he saw it on the island when he walked in the door! He had his fair share of it and loved the Picholine Olive Oil as much as I did! You really need to try it!
- ½ cup Pompeian extra virgin olive oil (or more as needed)
- 1½ teaspoons fresh chopped basil
- 1½ teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- Fresh Italian bread, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Divide the herb mixture into 2 ramekins or small, shallow dishes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the garlic to each dish. Pour ¼ cup of oil into each dish.
- Mix the herbs and oil together.
- Dip small pieces of bread in the oil/herb mixture.
- *If the oil gets soaked up faster than the herbs/garlic, just add more oil when you need it.