Today’s guest post is from Laura at Real Mom Kitchen. This dessert is perfect for a BBQ as it feeds a large amount of people! It’s an easy, no-stress dessert that your kids will beg you to make over and over again!
This is a recipe I got years ago from a Quick Cooking magazine (now Simple and Delicious). It is quick, easy, and a fun dessert for Summer. Ice cream sandwiches are great, but even better when you add hot fudge topping, nuts, and whipped topping. Love it!
Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup salted peanuts (I used an ice cream nut topping that was a mixture of peanuts and pecans)
1. Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan.
2. Spread with half of the whipped topping. Spoon fudge topping by teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts.
3. Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping and peanuts (pan will be full).
Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Yield: 15 servings.
Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe with us, Laura! Visit Laura at Real Mom Kitchen and follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Laura published her new cookbook this week! Congratulations Laura!
Click HERE to learn more about the book!