Have you picked your own blueberries this summer? I picked 3 quarts at Lanni’s Orchard 2 weeks ago. Picking blueberries with my friend Silvia seemed like such a luxury. I’m so used to having a rigid schedule when I’m teaching or having a million things to do at home (including blogging). I found it so relaxing, rewarding, and just plain fun on a nice summer day!
These muffins were light and delicious! Go get yourself some blueberries and give these a try!
3 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare the muffin pans with cup cake liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix on low to medium speed until blended.
5. Fold in the blueberries carefully.
6. Fill 15 muffin cups evenly.
7. Bake for 18 – 25 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out dry.
Makes 15 muffins.