Today’s guest post is from Karen Whitehead, Culinary Director of the Captain Cook’s Culinary Academy, in San Diego, CA. I’m a huge Quiche fan, so it’s a pleasure to share her Mini Spinach Quiche with all of you! Check out Captain Cooks Blog for more of her recipes (and videos!) and follow Karen on Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks for sharing your recipe with us, Karen!
Mini Spinach Quiche
1 C organic flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
½ C organic butter
2 Tablespoons ice water
4 organic eggs
2/3 C organic milk
1 C organic cheese, shredded
½ C chopped spinach
Dash Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to flour mixture.
- Mix with pastry blender until crumbly (should be pea size pieces).
- Add water and mix together.
- Knead very briefly, once or twice (the butter will melt and dough will become too sticky if handled too much).
- Form 5 balls and press into large greased muffin tins, press up along the sides to form mini pie crusts.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Ladel into pie crusts
- Bake for additional 15-20 minutes until puffed and lightly brown.
- Makes 5.
Courtesy of Captain Cooks Cooking School for Kids.
Visit www.captaincooksblog.com for more recipes.