Have you ever been to Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, CT? I go a couple times a year. I actually won $800 on a slot machine last year! That was so much fun! Many years ago, I had a chicken dish at Mohegun Sun that was so good. I tried to recreate it as best as I could. So this is my version of that dish. I hope you like it!
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
10 oz. bag of spinach
3 large carrots, cut into match stick size pieces
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mrs. Dash salt-free garlic & herb seasoning blend
1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach, stirring occasionally until wilted (as shown in the 2nd picture). Season the spinach with a little bit of salt. Transfer the spinach to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Transfer the carrots to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan over medium heat. Season one side of the chicken with the garlic & herb seasoning. Brown the chicken on both sides and place on a sheet pan.
4. Place the carrots on top of the chicken. Place the spinach on top of the carrots. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with the mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook the chicken in the oven for 12 minutes.
~A Day Ahead~
Cut the carrots, place them in a container, and refrigerate. Rinse the chicken and pound each piece to 1/2-inch thickness. Place the chicken in a container and refrigerate. This will save you lots of time when you’re ready to make this dish.