Muffin Tin Chef
101 Savory Snacks, Adorable Appetizers, Enticing Entrees & Delicious Desserts
Muffin Tin Chef features 101 recipes and 65 mouth-watering color photos that will help you create miniature versions of your favorite treats.
With faster baking times, smaller portion sizes, and a tasty appearance to keep guests impressed, these scrumptious bites are perfect as finger foods, kids’ party snacks or unique dinner treats.
Today, author and registered dietician Matt Kadey is sharing one of his popular recipes from the book! Check out his Two-Cheese Smoky Chicken Cups!
Two-Cheese Smoky Chicken Cups
The smoky heat from the chipotle chiles really turns things up a notch. Sour cream provides some cooling relief for guests who are heat sensitive. Look for canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce in the Latin section of your grocer. It’s such a versatile flavor booster and a little goes a long way, so it’s one of those items worth ordering online if you can’t find it locally.
Serves 6 to 12
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or finely diced
3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
24 wonton wrappers
grapeseed or canola oil, as needed
⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
juice of ½ lime
salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, green onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chile, and salt and pepper to taste. With a pastry brush, lightly coat both sides of the wonton wrappers with oil. Press the wrappers into 24 mini muffin cups, making sure the bottoms are as flat as possible. Place a small amount of mozzarella cheese in each cup. Top with the chicken mixture and then the cheddar cheese. Bake until the wonton wrappers are golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool for several minutes before unmolding.
In a small bowl, stir the together sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice. Serve alongside the chicken cups.
Muffin Tin Chef is available at Amazon.com.
There is a handy “search inside the book” feature so you can check it out!
Would you like to win a copy of Muffin Tin Chef?
Here’s what you need to do to enter!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me why you’d like to win this cookbook. Be sure to comment below. Don’t forget to include your email address in the designated email box in your comment.
Optional Entries (eligible after completing the mandatory entry above)
You can do any or all of the following entries below for one extra entry each. The only thing you can do once per day is tweet the giveaway! Please leave a separate comment (below) for each that you have done.
2. “LIKE” Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms on Facebook.
3. Mention this giveaway on Facebook using the button at the top of this post.
4. Follow me on Twitter. @JaneDoiron
5. Tweet this giveaway using the button at the top of this post. (You can tweet once a day!)
6. Subscribe to my blog via email and never miss a post! (You’ll find it at the top of my sidebar.)
7. Stumble this giveaway using the SU button at the top of this post.
8. Follow me on Networked Blogs.
9. Follow me on Linked In.
10. Follow me on Pinterest.
11. Follow me on Google+.
* THIS GIVEAWAY WILL END ON THURSDAY, MAY 17th! THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER! It is open to the U.S. only. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be contacted by email. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, the comments not meeting the requirements will be deleted. Good luck!
*I received a copy of the Muffin Tin Chef for the purpose of this review/giveaway. The comments in this post are 100% my own.