Hi everyone! I apologize for the lack of recipes on my site lately. I just haven’t had much time to test out anything new. But I am really excited to share a recipe from celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito’s new book Now Eat This! Diet.
“Award-winning celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito changed his life and his health-without giving up the foods he loves or the flavor. He has lost more than 20 pounds, participated in dozens of triathlons, and-after an inspirational role as a guest chef on The Biggest Loser-changed his own diet and the caloric content of classic dishes on a larger scale. In NOW EAT THIS! DIET, complete with a foreword by Dr. Mehmet Oz, DiSpirito offers readers a revolutionary 2-week program for dropping 10 pounds quickly, with little effort, no deprivation, and while still eating 6 meals a day and the dishes they crave, like mac & cheese, meatloaf, BBQ pork chops, and chocolate malted milk shakes. The secret: Rocco’s unique meal plans and his 75 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snack time, all with zero bad carbs, zero bad fats, zero sugar, and maximum flavor. Now readers can eat more and weigh less-it’s never been so easy!”
No-Boil Mushroom Lasagna
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese, such as Sargento
½ cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh fl at-leaf parsley
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces (about 8 sheets) no-boil whole wheat
lasagna noodles, such as Dalallo
10 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
4 ounces white button mushrooms
½ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat the inside of an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, basil, parsley, and ¾ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Mix with a spoon until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Line the bottom of the prepared baking pan with two lasagna sheets. Top with ½ cup of the cheese mixture. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture so that the noodles are covered. Top with a layer of mushrooms. Repeat the procedure two more times. On the last layer, place two lasagna sheets on top of the mushrooms. Spread a layer of the remaining cheese mixture on top. Scatter the mozzarella and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.
4. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 30
5. Raise the temperature of the oven to 425°F, and bake for
another 15 minutes. Uncover the dish and continue to bake
for another 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
388 calories 15g fat ( 8gsat / 2.6g mono / 1.2g poly )
57mg cholesterol 510mg sodium
34g carbohydrate 3g fiber 28g protein
At the end of March, I will be giving away 2 autographed copies of
Now Eat This! Diet.
I’d like to thank Rocco DiSpirito for sharing one of his recipes with us! I’m really looking forward to this book. I can always use more ideas on how to eat better.