If you’re looking for a yummy way to use some of your endless supply of zucchini, look no further! This quiche can easily be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Just cover and reheat in the oven or reheat a slice in the microwave and you’re good to go! If you’d like to eat this the same day that you make it, allow the quiche to cool 30 minutes before you slice it.
Pancetta & Zucchini Quiche
1/2 cup pancetta, diced (You can substitute with bacon.)
1 1/4 cup zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 prepared frozen pie crust, thawed
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup half & half cream
1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the frozen pie crust from the freezer and it’s packaging; set aside.
2. Brown the pancetta in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drain on paper towels. Discard the grease and return the skillet to the heat.
3. Add the zucchini to the skillet and stir for 2 minutes to remove the moisture.
4. Add the pancetta, zucchini, and cheese to the pie crust; set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, cream, half & half, pepper, and salt. Pour over the pie.
6. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before you slice it. Serve warm.
Makes 4 or 5 slices.
This recipe is part of Mommy’s Kitchen Pot Luck Sunday. Head over there for some great recipes!