My Mom has made this recipe for us several times and it’s always a big hit at my house. Enjoy!
Parmesan Chicken Bake
4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
8 oz. sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse the chicken and set aside on paper towels.
2. Mix the cracker crumbs and cheese in a shallow bowl. Melt the margarine in a separate shallow bowl in the microwave.
3. Dip the chicken in the melted margarine, then coat in cracker crumbs. Place the chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, milk, and sour cream. Pour over the chicken evenly. Top with the remaining cracker crumbs and drizzle a bit of the butter over the crumbs.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Assemble this meal in a 13 x 9 foil pan using precooked shredded chicken. (It will cook faster this way.) Wrap the foil pan in 2 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil. (Or divide the meal into 2 smaller foil pans.) Label and freeze up to 3 months.
Cooking Directions: Remove the foil from the foil pan and cook for about 1 hour at 350 degrees F.