Disclosure: I am being compensated to share a series of 5 posts about the Cans Get You Cooking program. All comments are 100% my own.
Canned foods make homemade easy!
*Cans help you save prep time and get a healthy, homemade meal on the table more often.
*A well-stocked pantry – your “cantry” – helps you make hearty, flavorful, nutritious meals you can feel good about, anytime.
Connect with Cans Get You Cooking!
You Tube: www.youtube.com/CansGetYouCooking
For my June Cans Get You Cooking Post, I am sharing one of our favorite recipes that uses canned goods, but this time it has a Mexican twist. I’m adding a can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies to my Parmesan Chicken Bake, along with a cup of Mexican cheese, to give it a new Mexican flavor!
My husband, Dave, already loves my Parmesan Chicken Bake, but I think he loves it even more now with the additional ingredients. I usually make this recipe once or twice a month. If Andrew isn’t home to eat it, we get two meals out of it. It reheats nicely in the microwave!
Give this a try and let me know what you think!
- 4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese (Monterey Jack / Mild Cheddar Cheese with Taco Seasonings)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse the chicken and set aside on paper towels.
- Mix the cracker crumbs and cheese in a shallow bowl. Melt the margarine in a separate shallow bowl in the microwave.
- Dip the chicken in the melted margarine, then coat in cracker crumbs. Place the chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, tomatoes, cheese, milk, and sour cream. Pour over the chicken evenly. Top with the remaining cracker crumbs and drizzle a bit of the left over butter over the crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Freezing Directions
- Assemble this meal in a 13 x 9 foil pan using precooked shredded chicken. (It will cook faster this way.) Wrap the foil pan in 2 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil. (Or divide the meal into 2 smaller foil pans.) Label and freeze up to 3 months.
- Cooking Directions: Remove the foil from the foil pan and cook for about 1 hour at 350 degrees F.