Peanut Butter M & M Cookies
This cookie has a great balance of peanut butter and chocolate and can be decorated for any holiday!
Write a review
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup red and green M & M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a large sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and peanut butter together. Add the sugar, brown sugar, egg, and milk. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture on low speed. Mix in the walnuts and M & Ms on low speed until combined.
- Use a rounded tablespoon of dough for each cookie and roll into a ball. Place the dough about 2-inches apart on the sheet pan. Press a few extra M & Ms into the cookie dough balls if you want them to show more.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will be soft in the center but will set up upon cooling. Cool for 3 – 5 minutes on the sheet pan. Then remove to a wire rack.
- Freezing Directions for Uncooked Dough
- Shape the dough into balls as directed and place them on a sheet pan in one layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 – 3 hours.
- Label a freezer bag. (Be sure to add the cooking directions on the bag.) Place the frozen dough in the freezer bag, remove the excess air, and seal tightly. Freeze for 2 months. (I recommend using vacuum sealed bags.)
- Thawing out the Dough on Baking Day
- Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the frozen cookie dough on top about 2-inches apart. Let stand for 45 – 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 12-13 minutes.
Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/