I have been buying Perdue Chicken for my family for over 20 years, so talking about a product that I know and trust is a real pleasure!
For more than 90 years Perdue has been committed to providing Americans and their families with the best possible poultry. The “We Believe in a Better Chicken”TM campaign is at the core of who they are, what they do, and what they’ve been doing since 1920. They are committed to making better chicken and they know that consumers are committed to providing the very best meal for their families every day. Which is why they have decided to celebrate those meals through their search to find the best chicken dishes from Americans across the country.
Perdue is hosting a great contest on Facebook and they’re looking for your best chicken dish!
Here are the details!
Tell Perdue what your favorite chicken dish is and what you do to make it the best (no recipes, please). Each week one lucky participant will win PERDUE® chicken and one grand prize winner will receive a year supply of PERDUE® chicken! Contest ends 9/30/2011. No Purchase Necessary. *Please do not mention any logos, brands, or products (other than Perdue) in your entry, or it will be disqualified.
Visit PERDUE on FACEBOOK to enter!
According to a recent study from Infogroup/Opinion Research Corporation and Perdue Farms, they found that Americans want to learn how to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu more than any other chicken dish! Perdue believes in a better chicken, so they had Perdue’s Executive Chef, Chris Moyer, develop an easy how-to video for Chicken Cordon Bleu. Check it out!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
From: Perdue’s Executive Chef, Chris Moyer
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
1 package PERDUE® FIT & EASY® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
6 thin slices of salt-cured Virginia-smoked ham
3 slices domestic Swiss cheese
1 whole egg
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon table ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Slice chicken horizontally without cutting all the way through to create a butterfly breast. Place the chicken on a cutting board with a sheet of plastic wrap over the top. With meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to even thickness of breast. Place two slices of ham and cheese on one side of breast and fold back over.
2. In bowl, whip together egg and water to create egg-wash.
3. On two separate plates, put flour and breadcrumbs. Season flour with salt and black pepper.
4. Carefully dredge chicken first into seasoned flour, then into egg-wash, followed by breadcrumbs.
5. Heat olive oil in ovenproof sauté pan. Place chicken in pan to brown. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, then flip each breast over. Place pan into oven at 350°F and cook until each chicken breast reaches 170°F internal temperature, about 20-25 minutes.
*For a more advanced recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu, visit Perdue on Facebook.
Visit Perdue.com for more recipes, videos, and product information!
Now, onto the giveaway!
Two of my lucky readers will receive a VIP Voucher/Coupon for one FREE package (any variety) of Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts!
(*maximum value $9.99)
Ready to enter? Here’s what you need to do!
Mandatory Entry: What is your favorite chicken dish? Be sure to comment below. Don’t forget to include your email address in the designated email box in your comment.
Optional Entries (eligible after completing the mandatory entry above) You can do any or all of the following entries below for one extra entry each. The only thing you can do every day is tweet the giveaway! Please leave a separate comment (below) for each that you have done.
2. Follow Perdue Chicken on Facebook.
3. Follow @PerdueChicken on Twitter.
4. Become a fan of Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms on Facebook. (see side bar)
5. Mention this giveaway on Facebook using the button at the top of this post.
6. Follow me on Twitter. @JaneDoiron
7. Tweet this giveaway using the button at the top of this post. (You can tweet once a day!)
8. Subscribe to my blog via email and never miss a post! (You’ll find it at the top of my sidebar.)
9. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
10. Follow me on Networked Blogs.
11. Stumble this giveaway using the SU button at the top of this post.
12. Write a post about this giveaway on your blog. (Leave a link to your post.)
This giveaway will end on Friday, September 30th at 5 pm EST. THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! It is open to the U.S. only. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be contacted by email. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, the comments not meeting the requirements will be deleted. Good luck!
*I received a VIP Voucher/Coupon from Perdue. The comments in this post are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.