THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!
Perdue has a great new line of frozen chicken and I am totally thrilled with them!
Perdue SIMPLY SMART®, is a convenient frozen food option designed to meet the growing demand for products that are both healthy and flavorful. This line of grilled, lightly breaded and roasted chicken delivers the nutrition and great taste that naturally comes from real, simple and recognizable ingredients, such as sea salt, unbleached wheat flour, cracked black pepper and olive oil, and contains no preservatives.
Each item in the line has at least 40% fewer calories, at least 50% less fat and at least 25% more protein than the USDA standard for breaded fried boneless chicken– making it a healthy, quick and easy addition to any recipe! PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® chicken can also be found in the WEIGHT WATCHERS® online foods database, making it a great option for those watching their waistlines.
Get your $1 coupon right PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® chicken HERE!
Here’s a flavorful recipe for Baja Chicken Tacos, featuring
PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips!
Baja Chicken Tacos
Pico de Gallo
1 cup tomato, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 jalapeño, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
10 Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips
10 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
1 avocado, peeled/seeded/sliced
Slaw 1/4 cup low fat sour cream 1 teaspoon hot sauce 1 tablespoon granulated sugar 1 tablespoon lime juice Salt and pepper to taste 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
1. Mix pico de gallo ingredients together in bowl and refrigerate.
2. Bake lightly breaded chicken strips at 375°F for 10 – 12 minutes until an internal temperature of 145°F is reached.
3. While strips are cooking, mix together sour cream, hot sauce, sugar, lime juice, salt, and pepper in bowl for slaw. Once combined, toss with shredded cabbage.
4. Once chicken is fully cooked, begin assembly of tacos. Place a piece of chicken in center of a flour tortilla, followed by slices of avocado, 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo, top with zesty slaw.
5. Roll up and enjoy.
Find more recipes and tips at www.perdue.com/simplysmart.
When I got home from School on Friday, I was completely exhausted but still wanted a healthy, home cooked meal. So I took out my Simply Smart Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips and quickly whipped up 3 delicious wraps.
I used 2 cooked chicken strips for each wrap.
I mixed 2 tablespoons of sweet and sour dressing with 2 cups of sliced Napa Cabbage.
I placed some of the cabbage, sliced chicken strips, and some sliced almonds on a thin wrap. Dave added some diced hot chili peppers.
And this is how it turned out! It was so easy and delicious!
Dave and I are really impressed with this chicken. It is moist, flavorful, and healthy! I am definitely going to keep some on hand and will stash a few bags in my son’s freezer!
Nutrition Facts for PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips
- Serving Size 3 oz (84g)
- Servings Per Container 8
- Amount Per Serving (* % of Daily Value)
- Calories 140 (0%)
- Total Fat 5g (8%)
- Saturated Fat 1g (5%)
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 40mg (13%)
- Sodium 400mg (17%)
- Total Carbohydrate 6g (2%)
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 17g
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 2%
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- * Percent of Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- ** This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label may vary slightly.
Here’s what you need to do!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me why you’d like to win this giveaway. Be sure to comment below. Don’t forget to include your email address in the designated email box in your comment.
Optional Entries (eligible after completing the mandatory entry above) You can do any or all of the following entries below for one extra entry each. The only thing you can do once per day is tweet the giveaway! Please leave a separate comment (below) for each that you have done.
2. Follow Perdue Chicken on Facebook.
3. Follow Perdue Chicken on Twitter.
4. Follow Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms on Facebook. (see side bar)
5. Mention this giveaway on Facebook using the button at the top of this post.
6. Follow me on Twitter. @JaneDoiron
7. Tweet this giveaway using the button at the top of this post. (You can tweet once a day!)
8. Subscribe to my blog via email and never miss a post! (You’ll find it at the top of my sidebar.)
9. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
10. Follow me on Networked Blogs.
11. Stumble this giveaway using the SU button at the top of this post.
12. Write a post about this giveaway on your blog. (Leave a link to your post.)
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! This giveaway will end on Monday, November 7 at 5 pm EST. It is open to the U.S. only. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be contacted by email. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, the comments not meeting the requirements will be deleted. Good luck!
*I received a bag of Perdue SIMPLY SMART® chicken for the purpose of this review/giveaway. The comments in this post are 100% my own.