Today’s guest post comes from Steph at Plain Chicken! Her Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Puffs look amazing! Don’t you think? Be sure to check out her yummy recipes and gorgeous photos on her blog!
We had these for lunch over the weekend, and they tasted as good as they looked. They are DELICIOUS!! We ate them all!
These little puffs are very simple to make. We used turkey pepperoni and sausage, but feel free to change up the fillings. Try mushrooms, peppers, ham, chicken; the possibilities are endless! Just use your favorite pizza toppings.
These puffs would make a fantastic snack for the upcoming Super Bowl!
Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
adapted from Everyday Food
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 oz mini turkey pepperoni, (about ½ cup)
- 4 oz low-fat sausage, cooked and crumbled ½ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, sausage and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe with us, Steph! Visit Stephanie at Plain Chicken and follow her on Facebook and Twitter!