Disclosure: I received an Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Saute Pan from Anolon. All comments in this post are 100% my own.
Have you heard about the Holiday Sides “Make it Yours” Anolon Giveaway on Facebook? I’m one of the 8 bloggers that are participating! I received the Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Saute with Helper Handle (below) to test and feature a side dish recipe that I have “made my own.” I spotted the yummy Roasted Carrots from 1-2 Simple Cooking and decided that it would be the perfect recipe to saute in my Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Saute Pan!
Fresh carrots are inexpensive. I don’t know why I don’t cook them more often. Now that I have tried this recipe, I’ll definitely put them in my side dish rotation! I normally use olive oil when I sauté most food, but I thought I’d splurge a bit with the butter.
Here are the changes I made to make it my own:
- The recipe below serves two instead of one.
- I sautéed them in butter, instead of roasting them in the oven with olive oil.
- It only took 8 minutes to sauté in the pan vs roasting in the oven at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
Here’s the recipe!
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add carrot slices.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Anolon is running a fantastic giveaway!
Head over to the Anolon Facebook Page and enter!
Enter Anolon’s “Make It Your Own” Facebook Giveaway by midnight Pacific Time on
Tuesday December 17, 2013.
Anolon is also giving away this
Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle
to one of my readers!
This is a beautiful pan! The cool-grip handles are a big plus for this heavy-duty nonstick pan. There’s nothing worst than having hot handles. I should know…I have a set at home that burns my fingers!
The nonstick surface is very impressive and I love the size of the pan. Yep, this pan is a keeper! Any home cook would be happy to have it!
If you would like to win this pan,
enter on the Rafflecopter widget below!
(Open to the U.S. only.)