It’s almost game-day which means it’s not only time to enjoy the big game, but also some good food too! I know myself, the food is my favorite part of the day. I love making appetizers, snacks, and desserts that we can enjoy throughout the day. One thing I don’t want to do is spend all day in the kitchen so I always make recipes that can be prepared ahead of time or put together quickly. One of our favorites are these Taco Chicken Chili Boats! You can prepare everything ahead of time, toss it into the slow cooker and then when you’re ready to eat, just serve with the Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats and toppings.
When I’m at Walmart I make sure I pick up a pack of Old El Paso™ mini soft tortilla taco boats and a tub of plain Yoplait® yogurt. I like to use yogurt because it adds a lot of creaminess to the recipe and makes the perfect topping too. I also add a secret ingredient…a bottle of Bud Light Lime®; it adds a hint of lime to the chili with a subtle taste of beer, but don’t worry the alcohol cooks out! This recipe is simple, delicious and perfect for any game-day get-together!
You start by browning off some ground white turkey and onions. Then add in the beans, corn, and tomatoes. Next is the delicious Bud Light Lime® and the tomato paste, and finally the seasonings. Once it’s all mixed I like to add in a spoonful of yogurt too. In a few simple steps you have a scrumptious Taco Chicken Chili that can be served in the Old El Paso™ mini soft tortilla taco boats or even a bowl. Top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of yogurt and you have the perfect recipe for all your parties!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.25 lb ground white turkey
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans with sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Bud Light Lime® beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 C Yoplait® yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 packages Old El Paso™ mini soft tortilla taco boats
- cheddar cheese
- Yoplait® yogurt for the topping
- In a stockpot over medium heat, cook the ground turkey and onion until onions are translucent and the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the beans, corn and tomatoes; stir.
- Pour in the beer and tomato paste, stir again.
- Stir in the taco and ranch seasonings.
- Stir in the yogurt, and salt & pepper if needed.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for another 15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, take a scoop of chili and place in an Old El Paso™ mini taco boat.
- Top with cheddar cheese, yogurt, and enjoy!
- This can be made ahead of time and kept warm in a slow cooker until ready to serve in the taco boats.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.