One of our favorite “make-ahead” meals is Teriyaki Chicken. It’s a great family-friendly recipe! It bakes in the wonderful marinade, so it comes out nice and juicy. I like to make several batches of this recipe and freeze the marinated chicken in freezer bags. If you’re not into freezing your meals ahead, prepare this the night before and let it marinate in the refrigerator. It will make your life easier and tastier! This recipe is in my cookbook Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 – 10 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Mix thoroughly. Add the chicken and seal. Refrigerate up to 24 hours before cooking or freeze in a labeled freezer bag up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the chicken and all of the liquid in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish (uncovered). Bake for 30 minutes, turn the chicken over and bake for 30 more minutes.
*If frozen, thaw the bag of chicken in the refrigerator a day ahead before cooking.