Today, she’s sharing her White Chocolate Blueberry Brownies. The name of these caught my attention right away when I saw them on her blog. Then when I drooled over her photos, there was only one thing to say…yes, please!!
These “brownies” are fabulous. More like blondies in texture, they are so creamy and sweet, and studded with wonderfully fresh and fruity blueberries. A lovely yet delicate little crust forms on top when they bake, which yields to a chewy interior that tastes only faintly of white chocolate, and more like heaven. Seriously delicious stuff, my friends. I highly recommend making these ASAP. They make for a great bite-sized dessert, and are extra cute cut into shapes.
White Chocolate and Blueberry Brownies
1/2 cup finely ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (4 ounces) premium quality white chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried or fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 9 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
1) Whisk the flour, ground almonds and salt to combine.
2) Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of lightly simmering water. Add the butter and the chocolate to the bowl, and stir frequently until the ingredients are melted.
3) Add the sugar and whisk to incorporate it, then remove the bowl from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4) Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the batter and fold them in until completely incorporated and smooth batter has formed. Add the berries and fold gently to incorporate. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
5) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake come out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool to room temperature before removing the brownies from the pan. Cut into squares, or other fun shapes and serve.
Thanks for sharing another great recipe with us, Taryn!